After reading and re-posting 18 Things Men Say about their Ex-Wives, by Emma Johnson, author of the blog, Wealthy Single Mommy, (which was extremely accurate, and in my opinion she nailed it), I became super motivated to write about the opposite: 18 things women want to say to their ex husbands.
In her blog, Emma said she got her information from men she met through dating. I got my information from the many divorced women I come across every day. Since I am a divorce blogger, women talk to me. They are constantly approaching me, emailing me, texting me, facebooking me, or just coming up to me to share their stories, and tell me how they feel. Interestingly enough, I hear lots of the same things.
So, guys, here is how your ex-wife feels about you, and what she really wants to say to you.
1. Your new look is really bugging her. She thinks you’re trying to look like Bradley Cooper. You’re cute, but you’re not him.
2. She sometimes rolls over in bed and reaches out for you, forgetting you aren’t there anymore.
3. It will never stop bothering her that you got a girlfriend in the first two minutes you were separated.
4. She resents that you agreed she should quit her job and become a stay at home mom, because now she’s facing a tough job market and has no clue what she’s supposed to do to make money and still try to be home when the kids get home from school.
5. She doesn’t get your unending anger.
6. Now that she’s dating, she realizes how much men really need and want sex.
7. She doesn’t miss your mother.
8. She loves that the bathrooms (and actually the whole house) is cleaner now that you don’t live there anymore.
9. She’ll always resent the fact that you never changed one poopie diaper of any of the kids. Ever.
10. She’ll always resent the fact that you never got up in the middle of the night for one bottle feeding. Ever.
11. She wants to say she’s sorry for so many things, and sometimes hates herself for not doing so.
12. She secretly hopes you’re jealous of her boyfriend.
13. She hates your attorneys with a passion.
14. Sometimes when you come to pick up the kids, she wants to throw her arms around you and tell you she misses you.
15. She knows you spend money on nice dinners and expensive trips and gifts for your girlfriend, and it makes her so angry, because when you give her the child support check, you are mean and resentful about it.
16. She thinks you’re a great dad.
17. She now realizes that sometimes when she thought she was mad at you, she was really mad at herself.
18. No matter how angry she is with you, you still make her laugh.