Being married can be wonderful. Even though I ended up divorced, I really really liked some things about being married. There are also some things that I truly truly do not miss about being married.
The list below was made by a good friend of mine and I, who after a couple glasses of wine decided to write down everything we missed about being married and everything we didn’t miss.
Here you go: What Two Women Miss about Being Married and What We Don’t Miss
What we miss about being married:
1. Falling asleep with my leg wrapped around his
2. Having someone to zip my dress for me
3. Knowing you’re with someone who made a serious commitment to you in front of God.
4. Have someone to bounce off a bad day at work.
5. Having a date for every function
6. Family nights
7. Being called “Mrs. So and So.”
8. Having a designated driver if I drank too much
10. Sending out a family Holiday card
11. Traveling as a couple
12. Knowing certain things about him that no one else knew
13. Making love with the father of my children
14. His friends and family (most of them.)
15. His sense of humor and all the little things that only we would laugh at
16. The smell of his cologne
17. His foot rubs
18. Our own language
19. Feeling really secure, safe and loved
What we don’t miss about being married:
1. Picking up tons of dry cleaning
2. Cooking food I don’t like to eat
3. Having to have sex on-demand
4. Feeling like I did everything, including changing every poopie diaper and waking up for every middle of the night feeding
5. Cleaning up after him constantly
6. His mail all over the counter
7. Having to watch what he wants every night or feeling guilty about watching what I want to watch
8. Bickering and arguments that usually turned into silent treatments
9. Having to hide tears
10. Having to hide shoes and other purchases
11. Not feeling loved or appreciated
12. Falling into the toilet bowl in the dark because the seat was up
13. Frequent obligatory get-togethers with his friends and family.
14. Him not wanting to be with my family and giving me a hard time about it.
15. Arguing about finances
16. Endless kitchen counter crumbs
17. Him tapping his razor on the sink every morning
18. Feeling inadequate, being criticized all the time
19. Not feeling really secure, safe and loved
Like this article? Check out, “9 Signs of a Healthy Romantic Relationship”